Position: Laboratory Scientist
Location Cross River
Req No: 2017-6406
* Participates in planning and overseeing support supervision activities for the laboratory function for all sites;
* Provides basic laboratory services for CD4 tests and other tests as required;
* Oversees laboratory services provision and ensures standard, and current practices are in place for maintaining high quality laboratory services and maximizing the use of all resources;
* Ensures compliance and implementation of laboratory protocols for all lab technicians and HIV Medics involved with the lab function;
* Coordinates with all laboratory vendors( outside contractors), and the sites to ensure that the process of handling patient samples and delivery of results is efficient and effective;
* Conducts quality control checks and maintenance for the Partec CD4 machine in all labs and other laboratory tests performed within the labs;
* Participates in the development and replication of the AHF Nigeria laboratory protocols and practices at all affiliated healthcare centers;
* Participates in training, mentorship and team building exercises for laboratory staff;
* Participates in inventory control management for laboratory supplies and reagents under AHF Nigeria for all sites;
* Ensures the compilation of monthly laboratory inventory at the Healthcare Centers;
* Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
* AIMLS, BMLS
* Experience with handling semi or fully automated machines a must;
* A minimum of three years experiences in a similar position.
* Must poses a valid license to practice as a Medical laboratory scientist.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals;
* Ability to write reports.
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees or other people.
Certificates, Licenses, Regristrations:
* Duly registered with the Medical Laboratory Scientists’ Council and hold a current annual practicing license.
Other Skills and Abilities:
* Must be able to travel 30-50% of the time;
* Sensitive to ethics and confidentiality of HIV/AIDS client issues;
* Possess current knowledge of best practices in HIV/AIDS laboratory management,
* Ability to prepare reports, provide team leadership and guidance.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
About AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF)
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) - Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the largest specialized provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the nation. Our mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay. Through our healthcare centers, pharmacies, health plan, research and other activities, AHF provides access to the latest HIV treatments for all who need them.